Getting to School
Thank you for making sure that you child arrives to school between 8:10AM and 8:20AM. To support student safety, children may play on the blacktop from 8:10AM to 8:20AM. The structure, other play equipment and games are available during first recess and lunch recess.
I appreciate you supporting our teachers who provide morning supervision during this time, by ensuring that students only play on the blacktop or wait near the lunch tables from 8:10AM to 8:20AM.
Walk and Bike Map
Safe Routes to School is an international movement to make it safe, convenient, and fun for children to bicycle and walk to school.
Safe Routes to School maps show recommended walk and bike routes El Carmelo. Choosing when and how to commute to El Carmelo car-free is each family's decision based upon their circumstances and capabilities. The Safe Routes maps are a tool for planning your family's trip every morning and after school. Click here for the El Carmelo suggested routes map.
Click here for more information on the PAUSD Safe Routes to School program.
For arrivals and pick-ups at El Carmelo
If you must drive, to ensure student safety, please adhere to the following guidelines for the safety of all students, families, and staff.
Red Zones: No Stopping or Parking at Any Time
- YELLOW painted areas around the school (two sections on Ramona, and one on Bryant) are for *active* loading and unloading only.
- The driver must remain in the vehicle while students collect their belongings and exit the vehicle on their own.
- If your student requires assistance or you need to get out and go on to campus, please park your vehicle away from the yellow zones. This allows for a much safer drop-off and pick up for all students.
Yellow Drop Off Zones: No Parking
- 8:00-8:30 AM, Monday-Friday
- 2:30-3:00 PM Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- 1:30-2:00 PM Wednesday
- Please make a series of right turns around the school. Never make a U-turn on the streets surrounding El Carmelo.
- Children should exit from the right side (school side) of the car.
- Please do not block our neighbors' driveways at any time.